Dr. Power’s care went way beyond my expectations. I went in with some skin issues that I had been struggling with for a few years. She ran some tests, helped me with my diet and supplements and my skin was completely better in a week. She was extremely thorough, kind and caring. She took the time to help me understand what was going on with my body and let me ask questions. I would highly recommend her to anyone. I don’t think you’ll find many doctors out there with the knowledge, dedication and amazing caring personality that she has. - Shari
Hi! I am Dr. Ally Power, and I can't wait to be part of your healthcare journey!
I am passionate about the health and vitality of women, and as a naturopathic doctor, provide medical care that is naturally focused to make you feel like your optimal self. I treat you, not your condition. Upon identifying the cause behind your health concerns, I work with you to determine an evidence based and individualized treatment plan that will seamlessly fit into your lifestyle.
I have wanted to be a physician since I was in high school, volunteering in the paediatric unit of a local hospital. Balancing competitive volleyball and dance with school - I quickly grew to understand the multifaceted aspects of maintaining a healthy and vibrant body. Upon completing my Bachelor of Kinesiology degree, my curiosity for health and wellness grew even further and I narrowed in on my true passion, Naturopathic Medicine.
MY PRACTICE FOCUS
The areas of focus that excite me the most include:
- Women’s Health - including hormone imbalances, PMS, adrenal & thyroid conditions, fertility optimization, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), weight loss, recurrent UTI's, interstitial cystitis, low libido and more.
- Children’s Health - including allergies, asthma, eczema, and digestive concerns
- Pre/Postnatal Care - including nausea / vomiting, constipation, heartburn, postpartum anxiety and depression, and more!
- Digestive Health - including bloating, diarrhea & constipation, indigestion, food sensitivities, celiac disease and SIBO
- Skin Health - including acne and eczema
- Corporate Wellness / Entrepreneurs - including stress management, fatigue and performance optimization
One of my favourite aspects of naturopathic medicine is educating and empowering patients to smoothly transition new health habits into their lifestyle. A few of my favourite treatment modalities include using food as medicine, botanical medicine, nutrient therapy, and IV (intravenous) therapy. I am additionally certified in pharmaceutical prescribing and acupuncture.
Prescriptive Authority Certification
Intravenous (IV) Therapy Certification
Naturopathic Cardiac Life Support Certification (OHM)
Global Health Certification & Internship - Nicaragua (NDI)
Menopause & Hormone Bootcamp (Institute of Women's Health and Integrative Medicine)
Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived. -Dalai Lama